Sunday, December 2, 2012

Inventory and dis-assmebly

Progress this weekend!  First off, I can't thank my wife, daughter, and brother-in-law enough for all of their help and support.  Scott helped out tremendously with box inventories.  It was cool to touch every single piece of the car as it came out of a box and have an idea that somewhere along the way each piece goes to making a complete car.  A & O (my wife and daughter) were my strong-backs for lifting the body off and putting it on the body buck I made (thanks to http://www.carrollclan.com/FFR/BODYBUCK/index.html for the body buck plans).
This weekend we:
Inventoried every box.
Uncrated the rear differential but didn't paint it yet as FL humidity is too high (i.e. rain) to get good adhesion.  I plan to use rattle can high temp paint for it this week.
Removed the nose clip and body.
Doesn't sound like much but the inventory took several hours and overall there were only two things missing in addition to the things already id'd by FFR.  I stored all of the boxes on some shelves in the corner behind where I take the weekly shot.  Everything but the additional Al pieces and the Hooker Headers fit there.
Time for lots of Ibuprofen, and Mexican Food!
Next week: remove all Al body pieces, and start installing front suspension components.

No comments:

Post a Comment